Hotmail.co.uk and Hotmail.com are two different domains for the same email service provider, but what is the difference between them? Read to know more.
What is Hotmail?
Hotmail is one of the most popular free services offered by Google with over 700 Million users worldwide, this includes 100 Million active members each month according to 2016 data.. In 1996, two students at Stanford University – Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith, founded one of the first web-based email services called “Hotmail” (spelled with upper case letters).
What is Hotmail.co.uk?
Hotmail.co.uk is the localized version of Hotmail in the UK and Ireland which launched in June 1997, originally as an Internet service provider (ISP) before being bought by Microsoft a year later for $400 million USD. The site was rebranded to “MSN Hotmail” in 2005 when MSN became its default web-based email client but reverted back to simply “Hotmail” after 2009 because it more accurately reflected what customers wanted from their online experience.
Difference Between Hotmail.co.uk vs Hotmail.com
Hotmail.co.uk users will have access to a UK version of Outlook Mail with some unique features that you can’t find on Hotmail.com, such as VIP inboxes and spam protection from EasyList Plus filters in addition to their regular spam protection which comes standard with all Hotmail accounts (from Outlook). However, if you’re an American business owner looking for a more global reach then going with Hotmail’s .com domain might be best for your company since it has better international support than its British counterpart does.
How to Login on Hotmail.co.uk?
- You can log in to Hotmail.co.uk with your email address, phone number, or security question and answer
- You will be taken to a screen that prompts you for your password
- Type it in here and click “Sign in”
- If the correct password is entered, you will be able to see your Hotmail inbox.
Which Browser is Best to Login Securely?
You can use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari browsers to log in securely.
How Much Data Does Hotmail Allow Per Month?
You get 500MB of data each month
What if You Can’t Remember Your Email Address?
If someone had access to your computer while logged into an old version of Microsoft Outlook Express they might be able to see any emails from people who sent them something during their time using that PC but not after they closed down the program.
How to Log Out of Hotmail?
- Open up a new browser window
- Type in the URL “hotmail.com” or “hotmail.co.uk”
Click on your username at the top right corner of the screen and select log out from there. You will be logged back into your account automatically when you close this tab with Hotmail open, this is just how browsers work so that they can save any information you type like passwords for websites or notes if you are using them as well (like Google Chrome).
This article will show you ten simple ways to login into your Hotmail account. If you have forgotten your password, this can be very frustrating. Thankfully there are a few quick and easy steps that you can take to get back into your account in just a few minutes! Follow these steps and soon enough you’ll be reading all of those email messages that were sitting in the inbox waiting for you!
The title is “10 Simple Ways to Hotmail Email Login.” The opening paragraph starts by stating: “If you’ve forgotten your password, this can be very frustrating.” The opening paragraph ends with: “Thankfully there are a few quick and easy steps that you can take to get back into your account in just a few minutes!” The next sentences go on to give ten simple ways.
10 Simple Ways to Hotmail Email Login
- The first way is by clicking the forgot password link, which will guide you through entering your email address or phone number so Microsoft can send you a verification code.
- The second way is by receiving your password reminder through email or text message. Upon entering the necessary information, it will guide you to reset your password in just a few minutes!
- The third way is by logging into another Microsoft account and using that associated phone number as the connection instead of adding an alternate Hotmail email address.
- The fourth way is by adding an alternate Hotmail email address, which can be done easily in the case of being locked out due to a forgotten password!
- The fifth way is by using Microsoft’s account recovery process that guarantees 100% accuracy if you have your own mobile phone number and are not behind on security updates.
- The sixth method is by using a security key such as a Yubikey, which is easily accessible through Microsoft’s account recovery process.
- The seventh method is by adding your credit card number to the mix and waiting for verification.
- The eighth way is by answering some survey questions that will send you codes via text message or email!
- The ninth way is by calling Microsoft’s customer service number and talking to a live agent.
- Finally, the tenth way is by performing Microsoft account recovery with an alternate email address or phone number!
How to reset Hotmail Email Password
You can reset your Hotmail email password by clicking the forgot password link, which will guide you through entering your email address or phone number so Microsoft can send you a verification code. You’ll be able to confirm what account it belongs to and click on “send my confirmation.” Entering this information should automatically prompt for an option to change your password.
If it doesn’t, you can receive your password reminder through email or text message. Upon entering the necessary information, it will guide you to reset your password in just a few minutes! You may also login into another Microsoft account and use that associated phone number as the connection instead of adding an alternate Hotmail email address. Adding an alternate Hotmail email address can be done easily in the case of being locked out due to a forgotten password!